I don’t know if all parents who have more than one child feel this way, but I feel like my second pregnancy was so downplayed compared to my first.
I had 6 separate baby shower events for pregnancy #1, and 1—that I missed due to being put on bed rest for early contractions—for pregnancy #2.
I created birth announcements for baby #1 but not for baby #2 (seriously—mazel tov to anyone who pulls that off with more than one kid).
I had a semi-elaborate “Lavender Lemonade”-themed birthday picnic overlooking the Los Angeles skyline with a professional photographer and tiny dogs as guests for my oldest daughter’s 1st birthday party; I took my second child to get a cupcake, which she really didn’t even seem to enjoy because she’s very much a meat-and-veggies kinda gal.
So yes, I very often feel that my sweet second child doesn’t get quite as much hype as her older sister got for her milestones, and it sometimes breaks my heart a little for her because she’s oh so worth it.
I’m always looking for little ways to do things that are unique for her that her sister didn’t get, so for her 1st birthday, I decided to make her a book documenting her very first year. While I have scrap book/baby book things going on for both girls, I wanted this to be something extra for Miss Abilene to celebrate her first life as an amazing little human.
Enter: Luhvee Books
Luhvee Books: A 1st Birthday Gift for my 2nd Child
What is a Luhvee Book?
If you’ve never heard of Luhvee Books, they are fantastic fill-in-the-blank books that you can add text and pictures to; customizing them for different loved ones in your life.
I’m someone who can struggle on the creativity front and definitely have a hard time making something entirely from scratch, so having a template in place to guide me made the who experience much easier.
How Do You Create a Luhvee Book?
- Go to Luhvee.com and create a free account.
- Choose your book template (I decided to go with the children’s book template called “I Love You Just the Way You Are” for my girl) and cover option (hard and softback books are available—I went for the hard cover for my book).
- Fill in the blanks to create your book.
- Place your order.
- Grab a cup of coffee and wait for it to arrive!
Pro-Tips for Creating a Luhvee Book
- Allow yourself some time to sit down and create the book. Creating the book took me a little longer than I originally anticipated, so I would recommend about 30-45 minutes so you have time to really write something that will be meaningful for the one you love. If you can’t do everything in one sitting—no worries! You can save your work in your account and come back to finish it later.
- Use higher-quality photos if you can. The better the quality of photo, the better the printed version will look.
- Proofread before printing. Although there is a spell check for the book, make sure you give it at least one final read before you send it off to be printed, just to make sure that your message is clear for your loved one who will be receiving the book.
- Don’t pay full price. 😉 Instead, use my discount code (KAITY20) to get 20% off your first purchase.
My Overall Luhvee Book Experience
While the process of creating the book took a little bit longer than I originally anticipated, I have to say that the end product truly blew me away and made that side of the experience completely worth it. I’ve used other photo book apps and websites in the past, and even with high-quality photos, the product I received back was mediocre (and that’s putting it very kindly for some of the companies). That isn’t the case at all with Luhvee Books. They are high-quality, beautiful, and worthy of sitting on a shelf in your family’s home to be enjoyed for years to come.