Luck’s was kind enough to sponsor this post and provide me with complimentary product to create the recipe. All opinions are my own.
Fall is in full swing and I could not be more excited! It’s no secret that it’s my absolute favorite season. In our house, we celebrate the flavors of fall as much as possible from September 1st until Thanksgiving dinner. The squash. The pumpkin. The seasonal root veggies. *Sigh* It really is a magical time.
Two of my favorite flavors of the season? Apple and cinnamon. I really can’t get enough of them this time of year, which is why I’m all about Luck’s Fried Apples with Cinnamon right now.
Just like the premium beans and fried peaches that Luck’s has been delivering since 1947, these fried apples with cinnamon are held to high quality standards and feature an authentic southern taste (which the Carolina girl in me loves).
My favorite thing about them is how convenient they are to use. When I need a quick breakfast treat, I love to be able to pull a few things out of my pantry and whip something up that’s both easy and delicious.
That’s exactly what I’ve done with this Autumn Fried Apple Breakfast Bread. With notes of cinnamon and vanilla, this bread is warm and full of fall flavors. It’s also a great way to put a southern twist on apple bread by using Luck’s Fried Apples with Cinnamon—a hint of fried apple taste without having to actually do any frying!
If you’re looking for a delicious breakfast that will wow your family, give this Autumn Fried Apple Breakfast Bread a try.
Autumn Fried Apple Breakfast Bread
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
Yield: About 16 servings
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 15oz. cans Luck’s Fried Apples with Cinnamon
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- Small pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9×13″ baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking power, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, or in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy and smooth.
- Add one egg at a time to the creamed butter and sugar, mixing each egg in before adding the next.
- Mix vanilla extract into the bowl with butter, sugar, and eggs.
- With mixer set on low, slowly add in the sifted dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of batter in a small bowl and set aside. Spread remaining batter evenly into the buttered baking dish.
- Pour the cans of Luck’s Fried Apples with Cinnamon over the batter in the baking dish, carefully spreading into an even layer.
- Dollop small spoonfuls of the remaining batter evenly over the top of the apples.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for about 45-50 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. While the bread are cooling, prepare the glaze.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy cream until desired consistency is reached. Add more powdered sugar to thicken the glaze, or more heavy cream to thin.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the glaze over the top of the cooled bread. Allow glaze to set. Cut into slices and serve.
If you’re making this recipe, or just doing a little pantry stocking, make sure to use this coupon from Luck’s. Save those pennies, loves. 🙂
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Luck’s.