Our family loves camping, but ever since having kids, it’s been harder and harder to find time to go. We are always looking for ways to bring some of the camping experience into our home—one of my favorite ways being through camping-style food.
When I heard that one of my favorite childhood snacks, Twinkies, had delicious new CHOCOLATE (yes, chocolate!) flavors available (Chocolate Cake and Fudge Covered, to be exact), my mind went straight to one of my all-time favorite camping foods—S’mores.
I decided to put a fun camping-themed twist on Twinkies and make a s’mores version to share with my family. It turned out to be super quick, easy, YUMMY, and…most importantly for me in these hot Atlanta summer months…I didn’t have to turn on my oven! Wins all around with this recipe, y’all.
With just 5 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time, you can enjoy a taste of camping in your own home with these Easy S’mores Twinkies.
To make Easy S’mores Twinkies you’ll need:
- 4 Fudge Covered Twinkies
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/4 cup gram cracker crumbs
- 8-12 mini marshmellows
- 10-16 milk chocolate chips
- Unwrap the Fudge Covered Twinkies. Set on a plate.
- Cover each Twinkie with about 1/4 cup of marshmallow cream. (You can use a piping bag or use a spoon. Either is completely fine.)
- Sprinkle gram cracker crumbs over the marshmallow cream.
- Add 2-3 mini marshmallows and 3-4 chocolate chips to each Twinkie as a garnish.
- BONUS STEP: If you have a kitchen torch handy, carefully use it to toast the marshmallows and marshmallow cream on top, giving it an extra s’mores-y feel. You won’t be sorry.
- Serve immediately, or place in refrigerator until ready to serve, as the marshmallow cream will start to run down the sides if left at room temperature.
Make sure you visit Hostess on Facebook to check out more delicious goodness!